If you love and appreciate this stories, please consider supporting the work I do to collect and share them with a monthly donation through Patreon.
As I do this independently and with my own finances, I want to take Tessaku to the next level. I often get asked what the ultimate goal is and while the journey in collecting stories is the main one, I do have a few benchmarks I’d like to hit sooner rather than later:
- Bring a traveling Tessaku exhibit to different cities
- Create a well-produced podcast
- Print a Tessaku magazine/book series featuring interviews, photos and artwork
- Travel further and more frequently to capture interviews from people living in areas with fewer Japanese Americans
- Expand the dialogue and stories to include non-Japanese Americans who were also affected by the uprooting
Patreon asks me to set donation tiers and with each increased tier, I can include you more intimately into my research and process, and give you behind-the-scenes glimpses of the people I speak with and this history. You’ll also see that there are goals I can reach with increased dollar amounts. Reaching these goals can only elevate my work and bring it to a wider audience. Basically, you’d be giving me more fuel in the tank to keep this project running smoothly and for years to come.
Thank you for even considering to donate – the power to get these stories is truly in your hands. If anything, sharing an interview or single post with someone who may not know about this site is just as valuable, and I thank you for that as well.
Thank you to my current patrons – your love and support means the world.
- Jessika Albrecht
- Laura & Dalila Allenby
- Michelle Booth
- Anne & Alan Furuya
- Gretchen Gibbs
- Mary McCaffrey
- Goh Nakamura
- Patty Pforte
- Nanci & Mikki Tsuchida